Milestones

It seems as if everyone these days are talking about milestones. Every time I pick up the phone I get news that someone else is engaged, or having a baby, or hospitalized in South Dakota. I won't name names, you know who you are. I guess that since most of us are hitting 30 in the near future (or are already there)it makes sense. Life marches on and time flies!
That made me think that I am approaching a few noteworthy milestones myself. In August I am finally Graduating. After four years of toil I will be an Alumni of the University of Miami with a Masters in Public Administration and a Masters in Public Health. The road has been long a tedious but It feels worth it in the end. I will be moving out of Miami in the fall to a location unknown. Hopefully It will be North of where I am. I feel the need for snow and Ice again.
The other day Laura and I were out at Shinjo Japanese Buffet. We were doing math to figure out how many plates of sushi I'd eaten. We also did the math on our state of togetherness. It's just over 7 months!! That makes it my second longest relationship ever!! Does this mean that I'm maturing emotionally? Am I really capable of having a girlfriend for longer that six weeks? Apparently! Crazy! I haven't seen the same girl this long since college! What a slut I am...

This is Laura playing with my slingshot at a camping trip to Jonathan Dickinson State Park. I took the sunset picture on the same trip.

8 Comments:
but did you eat the wasabi ball?
that first picture is absolutely georgous - you should enter it into a photo contest!!!
(not implying that Laura isn't georgous too...it's just harder to tell from that picture ;)
I am way too mature to eat the wasabi ball. That is childish and a trait of the old Brad.
When I asked her if she dared me to eat the wasabi ball she said the following. "I have no doubt you'll eat it so why would I pay you to do it? You already told me what happens when you eat it."
Nice to see you back, B-rad. I was beginning to wonder where you were.
heh heh... you asked laura she'd dare you to eat the wasabi ball and she said "no". heh heh.
woo graduating in august!!!
woo moving back north (hopefully)!!!
woo laura!!!
I second the woo moving back north. I'm all for that.
Good to see you back on the wagon.
What about the manatees?
No one ever actually offered to pay you for the wasabi ball. You just ate it.
"Playing with my slingshot" sounds like a euphamism.
Post a Comment
<< Home