The B-Rad turns 30!
Today is my Birthday! Yay! I was born 30 years ago today. I find that very exciting! O.K. class, lets review what I’ve learned this farin life, in roughly chronological order.
1. Share.
2. Color in the lines
3. 8 X 4= 32
4. Reading is good.
5. The names of all the transformers, G.I. Joe, and Star Wars figures.
6. Girls are nice.
7. How to beat Legend of Zelda on Nintendo.
8. How to Drive.
9. The Boy Scout Oath and Law.
10. Mountain climbing is harder than you think.
11. You gotta fight for your right to Party!
12. Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Liquor before beer, in the clear.
13. I met my best friends in College.
14. I went to the right College.
15. I am the Undisputed Super-Heavyweight Champion of the World!
16. Tomatoes and mushrooms are not as bad as I thought
17. Girls are very, very nice.
18. I speak less Spanish than I should and more German than I thought.
19. Lyrics to random 80’s songs.
20. Movie quotes.
21. How to make a cheesecake.
22. Don’t date girls you work with.
23. How to tie a bow tie.
24. Biology, Microscopes, Public health, and Management.
25. How to dance Salsa.
26. Fun with facial hair!
27. How to make mojitos and guacamole.
28. Wear your life jacket.
29. I am capable of living on my own.
30. I can take care of myself, most of the time.
Today feels just the same as yesterday. Actually, I more feel well rested and not as hung-over as I did when I was 29. My parents bought me breakfast this morning at IHOP. They are in town for the weekend to celebrate with me, althought hey took off for the Keys until Friday. Alex will be in on Sunday for the craziness. Tonight I will go out to dinner with a bunch of friends. Tomorrow we are all going clubbing at the Pawnshop. It’s great! I love being the center of attention!
Seriously though, I feel very good about where I am. I think the anxiety about being 30 has to do with being unhappy with how your life has turned out thus far. I for one am very pleased with the way my life has gone. I have a loving and supportive family, who are all coming down here to celebrate on Sunday! I have many wonderful friends whom I love and admire. I am enjoying my job and school. I like where I am living, though I will move soon to somewhere that has snow. I feel very happy in my situation and with my life in general. I can only believe that it will get even better as I age, like fine wine or cheese. mmmm...cheese... It's been a great ride so far and I invite you all to stay on the rollercoaster for the next 30 years.
I recommend turning 30 to all of you.

6 Comments:
thanks for the recommendation to turn 30 brad - glad you've scoped it out and it's a-okay for the rest of us to come traipsing through! ^_^
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
yes, i would agree wholeheartedly - you SHOULD feel GREAT about your life at this moment in time!
have fun with the fam!!!
Brad! I forgot to wish you a happy birthday yesterday so happy birth+1day!
So glad you are positive about turning 30. I will be there in 2 months and have definitely had some down days about it. Glad to hear that it's better once you're actually there!
oh, it's ok?
well...
ok, maybe I'll do it, too. talk to me in a few months.
happy birthday.
brad! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Excellent blog!
Your adventures with the brothers Daryl sound, while not necessarilly fun, exciting and memorable. I'm sorry I missed it. Next year I hope to be there to accompany you to the hospital.
It sounds like things are going well, which is nice. I hope to see you soon.
Again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Happy birthday! There appears to be rash of 30th birthdays going around (I think I can fend it off for a few more days), and it's nice to know that you have had a positive experience.
Yay - Brad! Thirty and strong like Bull. Here's to 300 more.
Post a Comment
<< Home