Happy Hour in Paradise

Friday, August 12, 2005

Triumphant Return

Well, After my long time off I don't know how many people even check this blog anymore. I apologize for not keeping up, life intervened to keep me busy. Which is a good thing in my opinion. In addition to my regular 40 hr a week jobby job, I've had a few projects going on.

I took a summer course in Public Health Law. Whew, was that a lot of work! Class on Tuesdays the Thursdays for 3 hours each, lots of reading, and legal research. I have new respect for lawyers. The professor was a guy with an M.D., J.D., and MPH. I thought I had spent a lot of time in School! It was good class and he was great to talk with. He brought a great perspective to things, having been both surgeon and a lawyer. The issue is more complex than I had considered.

Tuesdays and Thursday evening has found me dancing the night away. I've been taking Salsa lessons at the UM wellness center. It's going great! I am a dancing fiend. The whole point is for the guy to make the girl look sexy. This is what my teacher says and I believe it. If you've never seen real good salsa you should search it out. It's amazing! The girls get spun and twirled at a dizzying pace! The guys are sort of lost in the whole thing. I'm not at that level, but soon I'll be spinning with the best of them.

Wednesday is rock climbing. For many who aren't aware, I've become a big fan of climbing. I go down to a huge indoor rock gym in an old airplane hanger. Me and the rest from Extrememiami climb for about three hours before they kick us out at 10. Yet another check on my secret agent skill list. Next up, scuba or skydiving!

Much of my weekend time has been taken up preparing for my Internship which starts in the fall. It's the last big hurdle to my finally graduating! Yay! With luck I'll get it funded and be able to graduate in May. It suddenly seems so soon! Actually it seems like it's taking forever.

Well that's the update to what I've been up to. Not as glamorous as you may have imagined. Life as usual here in paradise. I'll write more as events occur that bear telling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You're back! I wondered what happened - I thought maybe you'd decided to run off to South America with some Latina Lover.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home