Happy Hour in Paradise

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

My Wilma Experience- In Song

-Set to the melody of "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor
-say out loud to the melody, it works better.

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live
with Wilma blowing just outside
But had heard so many times
how Andrew as so strong
I didn't linger long
I chose to carry on
and now I'm back
from Illinois
I just walked in to find a tree
broken on my stairs, oh boy
My front door was still locked
So tired, I didn't wait one second
It was straight to bed for me

Go on now! go out into the gulf
just turn up north now
where you won't bother no one else
Wilma's the one who tried to take me by surprise
you think I'd crumble
you think I'd lay down and die
Oh no, not I
I took a drive
as long as i know how to leave
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I took a drive
I took a drive!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that my concern for your well being lead you to verse.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

hilarious!!!! love the song!

(and you linked to my blog, yay! thank you!)

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home