Happy Hour in Paradise

Friday, May 20, 2005

Holy Thieving Thieves!

Well, It's been a busy week in Miami, my home town.

My cousin Mathew called me out of the blue on Saturday. Says hes in South Beach with some buddies and do I want to go out tonight. Well of course I do! I called around, but it was too late to get on any lists. I generally do not deal with the velvet rope patrol If I can help it so we went to Automatic Slims. A great place to party with no cover. I usually enjoy myself when I go there and this was no exception. Check out the picture above.

There is always drama on the beach. I have lived her for a while now and I thought I knew the ins and outs. Not so good friends, not so. My beloved Focus was assaulted while I partied the night away! Miscreants! Scoundrels! I knew it was a bad idea to park at a meter in the street. They broke the rear passenger window, and the little vent window behind it. Looks to me like the used a screwdriver. They got my cell phone and the adapter I use to play MP3s through the stereo. Not a great haul considering the trouble I have gone through cleaning up this mess. To add to this pile of suckitude, I left my wallet at the bar.

At this point, I have ordered a new cell phone, cancelled every piece of plastic I own, and had one of the windows fixed. I cancelled the cards because I figured the wallet was gone too, but my buddy Ryan had seen me leave it and grabbed it for me. He brought it by Sunday evening, but not before I'd cancelled everything. I am hugely thankful I got it back, but still without cash.

Oh how I have suffered. I couldn't manage to see Star Wars until tonight! First time since empire I have missed an opening night! The tragedy! I had my Yoda outfit all ready!

It could be worse I guess. Still sucks. I feel chastened. My parents were nice enough not to lecture me, although my friends have given it to me good. I'm still confused as to why they thieves broke the tiny little window in the back corner. You can't get anything from there! Weird. On the bright side, the guy who put the new window in explained to me that auto glass is designed to break into very small pieces. It is this property that makes it impossible to pop your tires by running over it in the street.

So that's the news from Miami, where the women are hot , the men are Latin, and the thieves are brazen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the horror, B-rad! Sorry to hear about the car and the wallet...

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home