Happy Hour in Paradise

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Romancing the Phone

A friend of mine wants to set me up with one of his friends. He tells me this as we're sitting outside enjoying the sun after lunch. She has just text messaged him. He texts back that he has a great guy for her. She is interested.

The next day he tells me he spoke to her last night and gave her my phone number. Sweet!

Later she sends me a text message. It's weird to get a text message from just a phone number. It says "what up"
I reply "nt mch U?"
"wtng 4 surg"
"you sick?
"No Dctr"
"Cool"
"L8r"

I haven't called her yet. I kinda want to see how far I can get this thing with only text messages.

- L8r

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only text messages, but progressively less text. your down to using no more than 2 letters. what will you say?

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First there was sex.

Then people starting writing dirty letters to eachother.

Then there was phone sex.

Then the internet came along, and we all know what that means.

But you, Brad, have the opportunity to truly be a pioneer in distance intercourse via technology. No one has really staked out text-messaging action as their territory. Show us how it's done, B-rad.

"I 8k 4 U. 69 w.me?"

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - "Anonymous" = kreg

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not really related but I just thought of the old email system at Tufts where you could send people text messages. They would pop up right on their computer screen, right in the middle of what ever else they were trying to do. I think Control L cleared the screen.
You could also 'Finger' people to see if they were online. What an icky word choice.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home